Seniors (and Juniors): Updated college scholarship list HERE:

Staff

2018-2019 Scholarship List

Boston University Trustees Scholarship Competition– Boston University’s most prestigious merit-based award recognizes students who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities.  Every year, Boston University welcomes about 20 outstanding students to the Trustees Scholars Program.  Many of the current Scholars had perfect 4.0 GPAs in high school and typically ranked in the top 5-10% of their class.  This scholarship covers full tuition and student fees for 4 years.  Application instructions are available online at http://bu.edu/admissions/trusteeThe deadline is December 1, 2018.

Brockman Foundation Scholarship– The Brockman Scholars Foundation invites applications for a merit-based full scholarship that covers five years of study on the College Station campus of Texas A&M University. The scholarship supports four years of undergraduate studies in an approved program of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) as well as the one-year MS Business graduate degree at Texas A&M’s Mays Business School. Top students are encouraged to apply for this prestigious full scholarship via the application portal at www.brockmanfoundation.org.  The application deadline is at 5:00 p.m. U.S. Central Time on October 28, 2018.

Eugene McDermott Scholars Program–  This scholarship, offered through the University of Texas, is valued at $250,000 and includes tuition, a stipend for study abroad, and professional development funding.  In order to apply, students must have a 1490 on the SAT, a 34 on the ACT, or be a National Merit Scholarship Semifinalist.  In addition, applicants should be in the top 5% of their class, have a history of leadership, and a broad interest in academics.  To apply, visit https://www.utdallas.edu/mcdermott/The deadline is December 7, 2018.

Frederick Douglass Distinguished Scholars Program– American University is offering five full scholarships to high-potential incoming first year students.  Students are selected on the basis of recommendation letters, intellectual curiosity, leadership experience, and personal qualities.  Students who would like to be considered for the scholarship must complete an application to American University and the Frederick Douglass Distinguished Scholars Program by January 15th and must have a 3.8 minimum unweighted GPA.  To apply, please visit http://www.american.edu/DouglassScholars.

Horatio Alger Association Scholarship Program– This program awards scholarships to students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree after high school, demonstrate critical financial need, have been involved in community service activities, and have overcome adversity.  Students may apply online at http://scholars.horatioalger.orgThe deadline is October 25, 2018.

Jefferson Scholars Foundation– Jefferson Scholarships provide full tuition, fees, and a living stipend for four years of undergraduate study at the University of Virginia, plus a number of generous enrichment benefits, including a study abroad experience.  Students must be nominated by their school counselor.  If you are interested in being nominated, please see Mr. Behm or Mrs. Stahl in the House 1 office by November 12, 2018.

Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship– This scholarship is open to students planning to attend the University of Toronto.  The nominee should be a creative thinker with an exceptional academic record who is recognized as a leader within the school and exhibits potential to contribute positively to the global community and to the future.  Pearson scholars will receive full funding for four years of tuition, books and living costs, and gain a global perspective on issues that matter most to them.  In order to be considered, you must be nominated by your school.  To be considered for nomination, please see Mr. Behm or Mrs. Stahl in the House 1 office by November 26, 2018.

Prudential Spirit of Community Award– The Prudential Spirit of Community Award recognizes high school students in grades 9-12 who have made meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer service.  If you’d like to be considered, please visit http://spirit.prudential.com to fill out an application.  Applications must be completed by November 6, 2018.

University of Dayton Future Flyer Pitch Competition– This in-person, start-up style competition gives future entrepreneurs the chance to earn up to $40,000 in scholarships over four years to the University of Dayton.  To enter the competition, students must submit a two-minute video that presents a solution to a challenge faced by their local community.  The contest is open to teams of up to 4 students, but there is no limit on the number of teams that can participate.  Videos will be evaluated by a panel of judges and selected teams will be invited in to the University of Dayton in early April, where they will present a two-minute pitch to a panel of judges in person.  Finalists will be notified in January, 2019.  Students can read more about the guidelines and submit their videos at http://go.udayton.edu/future-flyer-pitchVideo submissions are due November 1, 2018.

University of Dayton Leadership in Service Scholarship– This $10,000 scholarship is available to students planning to attend the University of Dayton who have a passion for personal development and a commitment to service.  The scholarship requires a nomination from your school.  If you wish to be considered for nomination, please see Mr. Behm or Mrs. Stahl in the House 1 office by October 15, 2018.

WACE Annual National Co-Op Scholarship Program– These merit co-op scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors who plan to participate in college cooperative education.  In order to apply for this scholarship, students must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher and apply to at least one of the nine participating institutions.  The institutions are:  Clarkson University, Drexel University, Johnson & Wales University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), SUNY Oswego, University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati, and Wentworth Institute of Technology.  For more information, please visit www.waceinc.orgDeadlines vary by institution.  Please see the website for specific dates.

We the Students Essay Contest– This essay contest is open to all high school students in the US.  Applicants are asked to write a 500-800 word essay on the following topic:  What are essential qualities of a citizen in your community in 21st century America?  Essays must be submitted online at the following website:  https://billofrightsinstitute.org/engage/students-programs-events/scholarship/Entries are due by 11:59 Pacific Time on February 14, 2019.