Eating lean and green: Green Eats

Emily Lewicki, Entertainment Editor

More often than not, eating healthy can be difficult for many people. It is definitely difficult for me. With my schedule always being busy, I never have time to make healthy foods for myself, and, especially in the mornings, I’ll have a Tim Horton’s coffee in one hand and a bagel in the other. I’ve recently heard of a small, locally owned healthy juice bar in the village of Orchard Park called Green Eats from many of my friends, and I wanted to see what the hype was about.

On a snowy Friday during my third period open, I decided to take a visit to Green Eats instead of grabbing my routine coffee. Right when I walked in, I was in love with the venue. String lights were hanging everywhere, flowers were on the walls, and their menu was written on a  chalkboard, which all gave a very relaxed vibe to the juice bar.

When I first walked in, I grabbed one of the cold-pressed drinks from the fridge. I tried the new “Chocolate Mylk”, which was made of cacao, dates, and vanilla. They offered to sweeten it for me, but I did not get it sweetened. If I did, I think it could have tasted a little better. It was not the best drink, but I definitely want to try the other cold-pressed juices sitting in the fridge.

Food-wise, I grabbed the “Peanut Butter Protein Bites,” which were peanut butter and oats rolled up into little balls. At first, the downside was that there would only be three. I thought that would be an issue, but when I started to eat, I instantly became full. Three little protein balls filled me up very quickly, and they were delicious, too. I will definitely be grabbing them again.

Many Orchard Park High School students praise Green Eats for its healthiness and convenience. “Green Eats is a regular place of mine to eat. It’s very healthy and the food is great,” junior Kendall Wiltse said. Although some people give Green Eats a lot of hype, others don’t seem to understand the costs of it. “I would not pay $8 for a drink [when] I can get one for $3 at Tim Horton’s,” Orchard Park High School senior Maddy Rand said.                                                                                                                                         

Overall, my first visit to Green Eats was a great experience. The food was delicious, and even though the cold drink I got was not my favorite, there were plenty more drinks that I want to try. If you want to start eating lean and green, or if you need a new healthy food hot spot, come visit Green Eats in Orchard Park at 6445 W Quaker St., Orchard Park.

Green Eats hours:

Mondays: Closed

Tuesdays through Fridays: 7:30 am to 7 pm

Saturdays: 8 am to 4 pm, Sundays: 9 am to 3 pm