Journey to Endgame

What the Internet Wants to Know

Back to Article
Back to Article

Journey to Endgame

Em Rush, Managing Editor, Marvel Expert, All Around Fun Kid

The internet, if you haven’t noticed, is a big crazy place where people can pretty much say anything to anyone anytime. So, be safe out there kids. More to the point, people want answers to their biggest questions, and today I’m going to be answering some big Endgame questions that I found on the question hot-spot of the world Quora. Now, for those of you who have no idea what Quora is, you are in for a real treat. Quora is a big website where people can ask and answer all of the questions that their little hearts desire. It’s information galore, and sometimes you can find some really neat stuff (but again be careful).

The first question I’ve decided to answer from the internet is: Do you think that Avengers Endgame is going to be as shocking as Avengers Infinity War? 

The most shocking thing about Infinity War was that it wasn’t. I mean, okay that’s a very vague response, but hear me out. Well, all assumed that Steve or Tony would bite the dust in a significant way, and then they didn’t. Just about every single one of our new favorite characters was decimated, leaving the original team along with some other lonely strangers. Plus, after spending the whole movie trying to stop the “big bad”, Thanos won the day anyway.
Like I’ve said before, I had to prepare myself to see Infinity War mentally. I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite characters in the world, and it felt like I was losing a part of myself. But when the end didn’t come, I felt both good and bad. Good because, of course, these folks get to live another day, but bad as well. Like when you don’t just rip a Band-Aid off, and do it slowly and carefully, which hurts much more than just ripping it off.
I don’t think that Endgame will utilize the same backward reveal, but since nobody knows what to expect, I’m sure the producers have something great up their sleeves. It will be shocking and magnificent anyway it turns out, because this is like a season finale to one of the most popular shows in the world. No matter what happens, I doubt that people will be able to leave Endgame without being rattled to their core.

I wrote that answer to the people of Quora about a month ago, and it did pretty well; people liked it, so I hope you do, too. And for all of my readers on The Voice, feel free to comment below with your answers to all of these questions as well! I’d love to hear.

This next question gets a little deep so I’d advise you to buckle up, and I’m sure many of you aren’t going to be happy about this:

What character do you NOT want to be resurrected in Endgame? 

Who do I not want to be resurrected in Endgame? Tough question because many of the people who vanished are almost certain to live again. So I guess the first pick would have to be Loki.
It’s not that I don’t like Loki- just the opposite. During his most recent appearances, Ragnorak and Infinity War, Loki has turned over a new leaf. He’s still the same guy he always was, but now he’s better. In many ways, for both him and Thor, adding the comedic element to that trilogy was a stroke of genius. We all know how flat Thor: The Dark World was, frankly it was one of my least favorite movies in the entire MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). But even factoring that in, Loki has come such a long way from the “puny god” he was in The Avengers. His characterization has depth- his relationship with his mother, the discovery of his heritage, and even his crusade for the Earth. Loki has come full circle; he sacrificed himself for his brother when he attempted to kill Thanos, a man who he once praised as his king.
Loki may have died a swift five minutes into Infinity War, but it meant something. I see that first seen as a continuation of Ragnorak, a time when both brothers banded together to save something more than themselves. (selfishness; a problem they’ve both experienced in their cinematic pasts). For Loki to die now and permanently gives Thor a chance to avenge him in Endgame and perhaps future movies. They may not have always been friends, but they are brothers, and the death of a sibling isn’t something that you can just bounce back from. Think of Nebula and Gamora.
Loki has pulled this dying act before, and there is always a chance that he had it all in mind and will pop out of a hat any minute now-but say he doesn’t. I think that he’s gotten his justice and could peacefully be laid to rest.

A few weeks have passed since I’ve started this article, and now that it’s April the Endgame posters have come out, which has prompted me to respond to my last answer in a new way. Loki has his own black and white poster signifying his death in Infinity War but also suggesting that he will be back. Though (all?) of the other characters were killed in the Decimation, Loki was killed in the first few minutes of the movie. But the God of Mischief has proven that there always something up his sleeve.

Em Rush, Managing Editor

Hello! I’m Em Rush and I am a senior. This is my second year with the Voice and I’m so excited to be involved with the student newspaper. I am the...