After a successful 2019 hockey season, Bryson Miller is Looking to Keep Moving Forward into 2020.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kyle Kuczewski, Staff reporter

Bryson Miller has had a very memorable 2019 hockey season because of his barrage of accomplishments that he obtained this year. Championships for multiple teams in multiple divisions this year is only a small portion. He is looking to continue his success into the 2020 season and beyond. Smashing new goals and stacking up more accomplishments.

Bryson Miller spoke with me this past week in the Orchard Park High School:

KK: When did you start playing hockey?

BM: I started skating when I was four but started competitive hockey against other kids when I was five.

KK: What people influenced you to play hockey?

BM: Mostly my father pushed me to play hockey at a young age, but my mother also wanted me to play as well.

KK: Did your parents have a hockey background?

BM: Yes, my dad played hockey for about four years in high school.

KK:Do you play hockey for Orchard Park?

BM: Yes, I played modified at OPMS and started to play varsity at OPHS when I was a sophomore.

KK: Do you plan on playing hockey in college?

BM: Yes, at the moment im thinking about playing college hockey at a SUNY school.

KK: Do you plan on making a career out of hockey?

BM: Yes, I will try to take my Hockey career as far as I can:

KK: Has hockey affected any of your major life decisions?

BM: Yes, hockey guided me to make stronger friendships with the right people and allowed me to form strong bonds with my teammates.

KK: What’s the highest level of hockey you have played?

BM: I have played AAA hockey for the Buffalo Regals and Varsity Hockey for Orchard Park.

KK: How many teams have you played for?

BM: I have played for five different teams, the Cazenovia Chiefs, West Seneca Wings, Buffalo Regals, Cheektowaga Warriors, and Orchard Park Quakers.

KK: Do you idolize any NHL players?

BM: Yes, when I was younger I idolized Patrick Kane and Alexander Ovechkin, but now I idolize Jack Eichel on the Sabres.

KK: What are some of your major hockey accomplishments?

BM: My major accomplishments are winning states for the high school and travel teams, winning the Section VI title and Far West Regional game, and winning Nationals for my Cheektowaga travel team.

Bryson Miller has a very successful year winning states for multiple teams, and winning Nationals for Cheektowaga. Those are only a few of his major accomplishments. He is planning on using his past experience to push forward and having a successful hockey career in 2020 and beyond.