ORCHARD PARK HIGH SCHOOL TO PRESENT TWO ONE-ACT PLAYS

The Orchard Park High School Drama Club has been busy rehearsing for their one-act plays, Tracks by Peter Tarsi and Shakespeare Unbound by Claudia Haas. Instead of performing one full-length play, the group will present 2 short one-acts, a drama and a comedy. The casts have been rehearsing since September and are very excited to present this new format to the Orchard Park community.

Directed by Maria Szczepanik, Tracks and Shakespeare Unbound open Thursday, November 10 at 7:00pm and continue performances Friday, November 11 at 7:00pm and Saturday, November 12, at 2:00pm. Tickets are $10 general admission and $5 for senior citizens (age 62 and up). Tickets may be purchased at the door.

FREE ADMISSION FORVETERANS FOR THE FRIDAY EVENING PERFORMANCE ONLY.

Performances are at the Orchard Park High School, 4040 Baker Road.

Tracks, a one-act by Peter Tarsi attempts to answer the question, “What happens when we die?” Ten people from all over the country find themselves in a single subway station after the realization that they have all died. As the characters discuss their lives, they reveal their fears and vulnerabilities and are faced with the profound decision: Do they get on the next train without knowing where it is ultimately headed?

Shakespeare Unbound, a one-act comedy by Claudia Haas finds high school student Aliesha attempting to carry a large book of Shakespeare plays home. She realizes it is too heavy and tears out some pages to lighten her load. The characters come to life and begin to wreak havoc on the school campus. A zany comedy, this show will delight audiences and introduce younger audience members to the language of Shakespeare and some of his most popular characters.