OP Homecoming season makes a comeback!

This year’s Orchard Park Homecoming Parade took place on Saturday, September 25th, 2021, starting at the middle school and moving to the high school athletic field. The OP Colorguard and Quaker Marching Band led the procession, followed by freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior class officers. The Homecoming king and queen, as well as the Quaker mascot followed thereafter. Elementary students also participated in the parade, displaying plenty of Orchard Park spirit with their posters and maroon and white attire. Throughout the march, candy and frisbees were tossed to the audience, delighting many children. 

Before the parade began, Brittney Zielinski, a teacher at Eggert Elementary, said that it was her first time participating in the march as a parent, but she thought that it was going to be a fun experience: “I’m excited. . . I know a lot of people here–my son goes to Eggert. It will be fun!” When asked how the parade may compare to pre-Covid days, Mrs. Zielinski observed “I think it’s a lot less people, but it’ll be fine.” This year’s Homecoming Parade was, in fact, attended by fewer people than in previous years, but it was certainly not any less enjoyable. 

The carnival took place in the OPHS stadium after the parade and provided a lot of entertainment for children. Face painting, balloons, a bounce house obstacle course, a big slide, a food stand, and much more were present at the carnival, providing attendees with many options of pleasure. Considering the way Covid has impacted school and celebrations in general, Orchard Park’s 2021 Homecoming Parade and carnival were very well-attended and enjoyable for adults and tots alike.